LearnPhilanthropy staff collected a few resources to help grantmakers develop their skills. Below are links to blogs about philanthropy that can enhance your learning and jump start your own collection of blogs.
- White Courtesy Telephone’s posts include perspectives on learning, education and training in the field of philanthropy.
- Philantopic is a blog of Opinion and Commentary from The Philanthropy News Digest
- Lucy Bernholz’s blog Philanthropy 2173: The Business of Giving shares her opinions about the long-term vision of philanthropy.
- The Center for Effective Philanthropy Blog offers better data, better decisions, better philanthropy.
- Philanthropy411 Kris Putnam-Walkerly is a philanthropy expert and consultant.
- Inside Philanthropy Blog is a blog on philanthropy and nonprofit news and issues. A publication of Philanthropy Journal.
- GMNsight shares knowledge gained through years of experience in grants management; explores the trends and practices of modern grantmaking; and drives forward thinking and progress that will shape new approaches to delivering mission-critical funding and support services.
- GrantCraft’s Blog offers short perspectives on strategies and issues related to philanthropy.
- Transparency Talk, by the Foundation Center, highlights strategies, findings, and best practices on the web and in foundations–illuminating the importance of having “glass pockets.”
- Nonprofit Quarterly publishes the latest nonprofit news and trends affecting philanthropy, charities, nonprofits.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review Blog offers the latest stories on social innovation, published each weekday
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy brings together several blogs of different topics and from different perspectives.
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation’s Ideas + Practice is a blog dedicated to openness, conversations, and ideas.
- The Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy posts pieces on current topics in the field and thought leadership from experts at the Center and across the field.
- EPIP’s Blog helps you keep up with news and events for emerging practitioners.
- Exponent Philanthropy’s PhilanthroFiles Blog posts a collection of ideas to inspire your giving.
- Latest from Alliance, Alliance magazine’s daily blog, concentrating on philanthropy with a lot of international writers
Do you have a favorite blog to add to the list? We’re interested in those that highlight learning and development for grantmakers.
Is your resource available to the public or only your members?:
Leave a Reply