At LearnPhilanthropy we’ve started collecting things…especially resources to help grantmakers develop their skills. The collection below is a list of fifteen blogs in philanthropy that can enhance your philanthropic learning. Learning of various sorts is a frequent topic discussed in these blogs and we thought a list like this might help LearnPhilanthropy users start your own collection of blogs to track.
- White Courtesy Telephone’s posts include perspectives on learning, education and training in the field of philanthropy.
- Philantopic is a blog of Opinion and Commentary from The Philanthropy News Digest
- Lucy Bernholz’s blog Philanthropy 2173: The Business of Giving shares her opinions about the long-term vision of philanthropy.
- The Center for Effective Philanthropy Blog offers better data, better decisions, better philanthropy.
- Beth’s Blog : How Networked Nonprofits Are Using Social Media to Power Change by Beth Kanter
- Inside Philanthropy Blog is a blog on philanthropy and nonprofit news and issues. A publication of Philanthropy Journal
- Grants Managers Network’s GMNsight is a professional journal written for and by the members of Grants Managers Network. The journal shares knowledge gained through years of experience in grants management; explores the trends and practices of modern grantmaking; and drives forward thinking and progress that will shape new approaches to delivering mission-critical funding and support services.
- GrantCraft’s Blog offers short perspectives on strategies and issues related to philanthropy.
- Transparency Talk, by the Foundation Center, highlights strategies, findings, and best practices on the web and in foundations–illuminating the importance of having “glass pockets.”
- Nonprofit Quarterly’s The Cohen Report pursues investigative and analytical articles, advocates for increased philanthropic giving and access for disenfranchised constituencies, and promotes increased philanthropic and nonprofit accountability.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review Blog offers the latest stories on social innovation, published each weekday
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy brings together several blogs of different topics and from different perspectives.
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation’s Blog Work in Progress is a blog dedicated to openness, conversations, and ideas.
- The Dorothy A. Johnson Center for Philanthropy’s Blog has pieces on current topics in the field and thought leadership for experts at the Center and across the field.
- EPIP’s Blog helps you keep up with news and events for emerging practitioners.
- Exponent Philanthropy’s PhilanthroFiles Blog leverages social media to engage philanthropists, colleagues, advisors, and friends in rich dialogue about philanthropy with few or no staff; inform and inspire their work; and, ultimately, help them to find greater fulfillment and achieve even more.
- Latest from Alliance, Alliance magazine’s daily blog, concentrating on philanthropy with a lot of international writers
Do you have a favorite blog to add to the list? We’re interested in those that highlight learning and development for grantmakers.
Is your resource available to the public or only your members?:
Leave a Reply