By: Karen McNeil-Miller, President of the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust
- Find/Create a network of other African-Americans as one of the many professional/social/personal networks you seek to form.
- Join and become an active member of ABFE (Association for Black Foundation Executives)
- Intentionally seek out and request one-on-one conversations with:
- Several experienced African-American executives to provide perspective;
- Executive Director of ABFE;
- Prominent African-American philanthropists in your town.
- Don’t allow yourself to be viewed as solely responsible to represent and be sensitive to the minority perspective in your foundation.
Is your resource available to the public or only your members?:
Leave a Reply