The Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy (CNP) conducts and disseminates research on the role and impact of nonprofit organizations and philanthropy. Our mission is to promote understanding of civil society and improve nonprofit sector performance through rigorous research, clear analysis and informed policy.
Major initiatives of CNP include:
- The National Center for Charitable Statistics (NCCS), the national clearinghouse of data on the nonprofit sector in the U.S.;
- Perform Well, a collaborative effort initiated by Urban Institute, Child Trends, and Social Solutions, which provides measurement tools and practical knowledge that human services professionals can use to manage their programs’ day-to-day performance;
- The Tax Policies and Charities Project;
- The NCCS Community Platform;
- The National Study of Nonprofit-Government Contracting and Grants.