- This article offers a theory-of-change framework to help those engaged in social-justice advocacy to reflect on whether social-justice values are being retained in the process.
- A reproductive rights effort in South Africa provides an example of how social justice values can be lost in the advocacy process.
- The failure to sustain work on the ground pointed to the need to maintain a base of support even after a policy victory.
- Strategies must be revisited as social and political contexts change.
- One of the critical social-justice values that supports the establishment and maintenance of alliances is collaboration, which must continue to be nurtured even after a victory.
- The theory-of-change framework helps to keep these values visible.
Go to Resource
Is your resource available to the public or only your members?:
Leave a Reply