- Certification programs can provide a way for nonprofits to ensure adherence to generally accepted standards.
- The KH2GO Certification Pilot Project, supported by the Lumina Foundations, developed a set of standards for high-quality college access services, including standards for programming, operations, and organizational effectiveness.
- The project was implemented in two states with an evaluation designed to assess the quality of the assessment tools and the ease and rigor of implementation.
- The more clarity that applicants had about the goals of the process, potential benefits, and details about procedures, the more benefits they perceived.
- Many applicants felt that the self-assessment improved their work and could be more beneficial if certification resulted in additional prestige and funding.
- Lessons for funders include developing a clear scoring rubric, being thoughtful about who should lead the effort, and including partners in the development of the standards and assessment protocols.
Go to Resource
Content Partner: The Foundation Review
Content Partner Website
Is your resource available to the public or only your members?:
Leave a Reply