- International grantmaking has increased dramatically in the past two decades, at a rate faster than domestic grantmaking.
- The increase in international grantmaking, stimulated by increased interest in global issues, was fueled by increased foundation assets and especially by new foundations created since 1990.
- While many of the issues confronting international grantmaking exist with domestic grantmaking, they have special aspects and increased importance because of the global context.
- Many foundations have now accumulated information about how best to work in partnership with other foundations, governments, and business; these lessons would benefit all foundations.
- Thoughtful collective action taken by foundation membership organizations from across the globe would likely result in constructive advances in effectiveness, and increased public benefit.
Go to Resource
Is your resource available to the public or only your members?:
Leave a Reply