- High quality after-school programs have been demonstrated to have significant impact on student performance.
- Preceding the Trenton Afterschool Partnership (TAP) was a hodgepodge of programs that cost various contributors about $9 million. These programs, of unequal quality, served about 1,500 students in 15 out of Trenton’s 21 public schools.
- TAP (which includes the Princeton Area Community Foundation) was able to successfully implement programs in all of the Trenton schools.
- Budget cuts have forced the reduction of the programs, but about half of the schools have been able to maintain programs.
- Foundations are encouraged to support advocacy capacity and to provide general operating support to community based organizations that have an established record of successful service delivery and strong partnerships.
Go to Resource
Is your resource available to the public or only your members?:
Leave a Reply