The Retrospective assesses RWJF’s investment, what was achieved through its efforts, and the strengths and challenges of the Foundation’s approach.
RWJF contributed toward progress on the substance-use problem through meaningful impact in five major areas:
- Increased knowledge about the substance-use problem;
- Influenced alcohol and drug policies;
- Informed and spreading promising prevention programs;
- Improved systems of care for substance-use disorders; and
- Built field infrastructure to strengthen substance-use research, policy, and practice.
RWJF had an unprecedented investment in the field, contributing to change over time. Observations of how RWJF developed its overarching and program-specific strategies, conducted ongoing evaluation and learning, and exited the field are highly relevant for future public health work.
Go to Resource
Is your resource available to the public or only your members?:
Leave a Reply