By: Karen McNeil-Miller, president and CEO of the Colorado Health Foundation
- Find/Create a network of other African-Americans as one of the many professional/social/personal networks you seek to form.
- Join and become an active member of ABFE (Association for Black Foundation Executives)
- Intentionally seek out and request one-on-one conversations with:
- Several experienced African-American executives to provide perspective;
- Executive Director of ABFE;
- Prominent African-American philanthropists in your town.
- Don’t allow yourself to be viewed as solely responsible to represent and be sensitive to the minority perspective in your foundation.
2018 -- updated from original post in 2014
Is your resource available to the public or only your members?: