FMA exists to build a community of individuals with the confidence and skills to lead organizations that change the world.
Since 1999, our dedicated consultants have served major foundations and nonprofit organizations nationwide and around the world by helping them develop the capacity they need to fulfill their missions more effectively and efficiently. Foundations routinely call on FMA to strengthen grantee operations and fiscal management, improve their own grant-making capacity, and increase the financial knowledge of their staff. Nonprofit organizations depend on FMA to offer advisory services and practical tools to surmount challenges and navigate significant decisions.
Foundation boards and leaders work hard to change the world for the better. Forward-thinking foundations want to ensure that their program officers’ expertise is complemented with nonprofit finance knowledge and that their grantees are sustainable with strong infrastructures that support their programs. Developing well-rounded, knowledgeable program officers and strong grantee organizations are goals every foundation supports. Understanding how to actualize these goals is core to FMA’s mission. Here’s a few ways the FMA team works with foundations and their grantees:
- Implementing grantmaking decision protocols that integrate financial and program data
- Building program officer financial management knowledge and skill
- Establishing systems to analyze portfolio performance
- Designing systems that calculate grantee per unit costs that tie budgets to impacts
- Performing research that educates sectors on financial management and administrative needs at the organizational level
Target Audience: Grants management staff, Program staff, Executive staff, Financial staff, Trustees
Services Provided: Consulting, Resources, Training
Geographic Scope: National
Target Organizations: Community foundation, Public foundation, Corporate grantmaker, Family foundation, Independent