Grantmakers Council of Rhode Island (GCRI) was founded in 2003, as a network to support staff in grantmaking organizations to maximize the effectiveness of their philanthropic work. GCRI continues to offer capacity building, professional development and networking opportunities for staff in grantmaking roles, but has expanded to provide:
- connection to national philanthropic resources;
- opportunities for collaboration and cross-sector partnerships;
- support for employee engagement and corporate social responsibility initiatives;
- increased visibility and a gathering place for the philanthropic sector; and
- outreach to engage other organizations in the work of community investment.